Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who desires a foundational understanding of procurement, and the key skills required to let contracts successfully.
Why should you attend?
Organisations often need to procure goods or services but have a limited knowledge or limited resources to do so effectively. Understanding and managing the process well makes a key difference in delivering good quality solutions. These strengthen the commercial aspects of your business and improve your chances of success.
Benefits from attending
- Increasing your knowledge of the procurement process
- Increasing your chances of letting contracts effectively
- Increasing supply options
- Reducing expenditure on an area as a result of greater competition
- Reducing time spent on pointless activity
- Reducing stress associated with poor quality procurement
Training Course Content
- What is procurement and why do it?
- The 5 rights of procurement
- The procurement cycle
- The primacy of understanding need
- How do you let a contract?
- Decision making
- The options and steps
- The information required to let a contract
- The process in the public or private sector
- Introduction to EU procurement requirements
- Introduction to the procurement timeline
- Tender activities
- Information sources to support the process – technical, process, evaluation and award
- Specification writing
- An understanding of price and quality in evaluations
- How to advertise your tender
- Specialist advice – Legal / Health & safety
- The place of templates
- Create a winning team
Trainer – Mark Lloyd MCIPS
Mark is a CIPS qualified procurement professional. Prior to joining Silverlock, Mark spent 19 years working in a variety of supply chain roles in the food industry, NHS, Police and construction, including 13 years of writing and evaluating tenders for a diverse range of contracts.
Course Venue and Time
Courses are delivered at the client’s premises. Please get in touch on 0115 9266477 to discuss specific needs and to get a quotation.