Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who desires a foundational understanding of specification writing, and the key skills required to write specifications successfully..
Why should you attend?
Organisations often need to procure goods or services to support their business. These services are often based on an ideal specification required by the buyer to support their organisational objectives. It is therefore vitally important that specifications mirror perceived needs, and are measurable against potential offers form supply partners.
This course is designed for anyone who desires a foundational understanding of specification writing, and the key skills required to write specifications successfully.
Benefits from attending
- Increasing your knowledge of the procurement process
- Increasing your chances of letting contracts effectively
- Increasing supply options
- Reducing expenditure on an area as a result of greater competition
- Reducing time spent on pointless activity
- Reducing stress associated with poor quality procurement
Training Course Content
- What is procurement and why do it
- The 5 rights of procurement
- The procurement cycle
- The primacy of understanding need
- What is a specification?
- Definitions and purposes of a specification
- The options and steps
- The information required to write a specification
- The process in the public or private sector
- Types of specification
- Contents of a specification
- Principles of specification writing
- How specifications function to support the process – technical, process, evaluation and award
- Specification writing
- Principles of good writing
- Alternatives to specification writing
- The place of templates
- Create a winning team
Trainer – Mark Lloyd MCIPS
Mark is a CIPS qualified procurement professional. Prior to joining Silverlock, Mark spent 19 years working in a variety of supply chain roles in the food industry, NHS, Police and construction, including 13 years of writing and evaluating tenders for a diverse range of contracts.
Course Venue and Time
Courses are delivered at the client’s premises. Please get in touch on 0115 9266477 to discuss specific needs and to get a quotation.