Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the tender writing process. Whether you are writing your first tender, or have been involved in tendering for a number of years and are looking to develop your bid management techniques.
Why should you attend?
Over the last 9 years, we have found that many companies with good products forget to invest in training their staff in how to write tenders and manage the bid writing process. As every business owner knows, ongoings sales are critical if you are going to run a successful business, and if tendering is one of the normal ways of winning work in your industry, then it is vital to do it well.
This 1-day course equips you with tools and knowledge on how to write a strong tender and how to manage the bid writing process.
Benefits from attending
- Increasing your likelihood of success with a tender
- Increasing the quality of tenders that you submit
- Reducing time wasted pursuing tenders that you are unlikely to win
- Improving your bid management
- Increasing your understanding of the public sector procurement mindset
- Increasing your ability to find public sector tenders
- Reducing stress associated with putting together a tender
Training Course Content
- Stages in the tendering process
- Compliance & Responsiveness
- Understanding the buyer
- Identifying key things to focus on
- Preparation before a tender is released
- Where to find contracts that you can bid for
- Project managing the tender process
- Good practice for bid managers
- Deciding whether or not to bid
- Using a tender portal effectively
- Things that can and cannot be influenced by good bid writing
- Completing a Standard Questionnaire
- Policy Development
- Understanding the evaluator
- The Kick-Off meeting
- Advising writers and subject matter experts
- What does “significant added value” mean
- How to produce an excellent answer
- Evidence and what to include
- Avoiding “hollow statements”
- Writing style
- Headings and subheadings
- Using & producing case studies
- Benefits vs features
- Discriminators/Unique selling points
- Using good graphics to strengthen your bid
- Using captions to get your message across
- Completing online tenders
- Submission tips
- Use of review meetings
- 11 steps to develop your tendering process
Courses are either delivered by Dewi Hughes or Mark Lloyd
Dewi is the founder and MD of Silverlock. Prior to setting up Silverlock in 2009, Dewi spent 21 years working for the Government which included 12 years appraising bids for government funding, 4 years writing for over 50 government ministers, and 4 years managing large European funded projects. Dewi is qualified with Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and the CIPD.
Mark is a CIPS qualified procurement professional. Prior to joining Silverlock, Mark spent 19 years working in a variety of procurement roles in the food industry, NHS, Police and construction – most recently as a Procurement Manager at Nottingham City Homes. Mark brings an excellent knowledge of procurement and the tender evaluation process.