Who should attend?
This 1-day course equips you with tools and knowledge on how to write a strong bid for funding and how to manage the bid writing process.
Benefits from attending
- Increasing the likelihood of succeeding with a bid
- Increasing the quality of bids submitted
- Increased your understanding of the evaluator
- Understanding how to manage the bid process
- Reducing time spent applying for funding that is unlikely to be won
- Reducing stress associated with bidding
Training Course Content
- How and to find funding that you can bid for
- Compliance & Responsiveness
- Deciding whether or not to bid
- Identifying key themes that are important for the funder
- Good practice for bid managers
- Time plan for managing a bid
- Getting clarity from the funder
- Research prior to bidding
- Brainstorming ideas
- Understanding the evaluator
- How to produce an excellent answer
- What content to include
- Using the correct language
- Formatting to improve readability
- What evidence to include
- Financial viability
- Match funding
- Costing items in the bid
- Outcomes and deliverables
- What does “significant added value” mean
- Using & producing case studies
- Using good graphics to strengthen your bid
- Using captions to get your message across
- Use of review meetings to improve your bid
- Proof reading
- Submission tips
The Course is either delivered by Dewi Hughes.
Dewi is the founder and MD of Silverlock. Prior to setting up Silverlock in 2009, Dewi spent 21 years working for the Government which included 12 years appraising bids for government funding, 4 years writing for over 50 government ministers, and 4 years managing large European funded projects. Dewi is qualified with Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and the CIPD.
Courses are delivered at the client’s premises. Please get in touch on 0115 9266477 to discuss specific needs and to get a quotation.