Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the tender writing process. Whether you are writing your first tender, or have been involved in tendering for a number of years and are looking to improve your techniques.
Why should you attend?
If tendering is one of the normal ways of winning work in your industry, then it is vital to do it well.
This course equips you with tools and knowledge on how to write a strong tender and how to manage the bid writing process. It is based on 12 years experience of writing tenders on behalf of clients from a wide range of industries, 12 years of appraising bids for funding within the public sector and 4 years of writing for government ministers.
Benefits from attending
- Increasing your likelihood of success with a tender
- Increasing the quality of tenders that you submit
- Reducing time wasted pursuing tenders that you are unlikely to win
- Improving your bid management
- Increasing your understanding of the public sector procurement mindset
- Increasing your ability to find public sector tenders
- Reducing stress associated with putting together a tender
Training Course Content
- Stages in the tendering process
- Compliance & Responsiveness
- Understanding the buyer
- Identifying key things to focus on
- Preparation before a tender is released
- Where to find contracts that you can bid for
- Project managing the tender process
- Good practice for bid managers
- Deciding whether or not to bid
- Using a tender portal effectively
- Things that can and cannot be influenced by good bid writing
- Completing a Standard Questionnaire
- Policy Development
- Understanding the evaluator
- The Kick-Off meeting
- Using a compliance checklist to help with bid management
- Advising writers and subject matter experts
- What does “significant added value” mean
- How to produce an excellent answer
- Evidence and what to include
- Avoiding “hollow statements”
- Writing style
- Headings and subheadings
- Using & producing case studies
- Benefits vs features
- Discriminators/Unique selling points
- Using good graphics to strengthen your bid
- Using captions to get your message across
- Use of review meetings to improve your tender
- Completing online tenders
- Submission tips
- Using FOI to get information
- 11 steps to develop your tendering process
The course is now delivered on-line via Zoom or Teams, either over 3 x two hour sessions or 2 x three hour sessions. Sessions are arranged at a mutually convenient time, although I would recommend having them over a 2 week period – so as not to lose momentum.
In person training can also be delivered. See ‘Delivery at your premises’ for details.
Courses are delivered by Dewi Hughes, founder and MD of Silverlock Tenders, one of the main tender writing companies in the Midlands. Over the last 12 years, Dewi has written, managed and overseen tenders for clients from a wide range of industries. Prior to setting up Silverlock, Dewi spent 21 years working for the Government which included 12 years appraising bids for government funding, 4 years writing for over 50 government ministers, and 4 years managing large European funded projects. Dewi is qualified with the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and the CIPD.
Courses are arranged at a mutually convenient time, including evenings, with sessions typically starting 9.30 and 2.00. Please use the ‘Contact Us’ page if you want to check my availability for various weeks.
Days time prices
£325 plus VAT for 1 attendee
£500 plus VAT for 2-3 attendees
£700 plus VAV for 4-5 attendees
£400 plus VAT for 1 attendee
£600 plus VAT for 2-3 attendees
£800 plus VAV for 4-5 attendees
One option we have recently added is a session where we provide feedback on a previous tender that you have submitted. You would need to email the tender to us 1 week before the first day of the course, and the feedback would be delivered via a session on the final day of the course.
Price: £100 plus VAT (which would be added to the total price).
Delivery at your premises
We can deliver the course on a face-to-face basis at client premises throughout the UK. Courses can also be tailored to focus on any particular needs. If you would like a quotation for delivering the course at your premises, please get in touch online, or call 0115 9266 477.