Who should attend?
This course is aimed at people who are already involved in tender/bid writing but are looking to improve the quality of their bid writing.
Why should you attend?
People involved in evaluating tenders only have limited time to read bid documents. It is therefore vital to communicate relevant information, in a way that is easy for the them to take in. A well-written bid document that is easy to read and understand, communicates that we would be easy to work with.
Benefits from attending
- Increasing your chance of success with a PQQ, bid or tender
- Increasing the readability of your writing
- Increasing your connection with the buying organisation
- Increasing the ease of appraisal for the evaluator
- Improving the appearance of your content
Training Course Content
- The reason why good writing is important
- Compliance & Responsiveness
- Understanding the buyer
- Identifying key themes to focus on
- Completing standard questionnaires/PQQs
- Understanding the evaluator
- Working well with Subject Matter Experts
- Forecasting the amount of time required to write a good answer
- What does “significant added value” mean
- How to produce an excellent answer
- Focusing on the buyer in your answer
- Choosing the correct content go in your answer
- Writing style
- Headings and subheadings
- Knowing how much to write
- Discriminators/Unique selling points
- Evidence and what to include
- Using & producing case studies
- Active and passive sentences
- Practical exercise on writing a strong answer
- Using good graphics to strengthen your bid
- Using captions to get your message across
- Proof reading
- Good practice when editing answers
- Use of review meetings
- Completing online tenders
- Tips for avoiding stress when writing
- Discuss your tendering questions over lunch with the trainer. Our courses include a lunchtime meal with the course trainer in the Malt Cross
Courses are either delivered by Dewi Hughes or Mark Lloyd.
Dewi is the founder and MD of Silverlock. Prior to setting up Silverlock in 2009, Dewi spent 21 years working for the Government which included 12 years appraising bids for government funding, 4 years writing for over 50 government ministers, and 4 years managing large European funded projects. Dewi is qualified with Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and the CIPD.
Mark is a CIPS qualified procurement professional. Prior to joining Silverlock, Mark spent 19 years working in a variety of procurement roles in the food industry, NHS, Police and construction – most recently as a Procurement Manager at Nottingham City Homes. Mark brings an excellent knowledge of procurement and the tender evaluation process.
Our courses are held at The Malt Cross, 16 St James’s St, Nottingham NG1 6FG a 15 minute walk from Nottingham Station